Shutterfly.com

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So, who are YOU, again?



I still look at her and think, "Who are you?" Please tell me you struggled to know your child by name for a few ... maybe not 7 months, but at least a few weeks ... right?? Maybe because everyone has a dif name for her?? Bella, Izzy, Isabella, Daisy Doodle, Oopsy Daisy, Dotty (really, Grandpa??) Isabutton and ELla ... for obvious reasons. Most often, though, El and I are calling her Maddy. Whoever she is, she sure is a cutie and tough as she is, we love her madly.

She's growing too fast. She started saying No and is so proud of herself. Sometimes when I try to nurse her or when I'm empty, she'll tell me no. The silly little thing thinks she can communicate.



When she's in the mood, she allows me to put her on the floor and has a blast. She loves to play and gets around rather well. If I were to make a prediction, she'll may skip crawling like Abby and will walk before she's one.



We started solids this month...kinda. She doesn't really care for pureed foods, she's just not sure what to do with it. When it reaches the her throat, she gags. But she loves gnawing on things like celery stalks, apple cores, and anise.

Sadly, it's too easy to forget these tender moments of infancy. The only things I remember about Kaity, Abby, and Maddy are those recorded on video. My memories are flooded by days filled with chaos and I'm still existing on barely any sleep. Not to mention all the brain cells that were STOLEN as each baby sled through the birth canal. Things just aren't in my favor for keeping these memories fresh.

So here are some things I need to remember:

How precious and sweet she is. I LOVE when I'm holding her facing outward and she presses her head back against my chest. She lifts her tiny hand, presses her palm against my cheek, and cuddles her head into my neck.
She hugs everyone. Really. She gets so excited when she sees her sisters and stretches out her arms. When they get close, she pulls them in and doesn't let go. She has so much love for them.

She's sleeping on my lap as I type this. I glanced over at her. She's so peaceful, sleeping with her mouth ajar and her crazy hair. I couldn't help but laugh. In so doing, she smiled and it kept getting bigger. Oh how I adore my sweet, sweet child!

Here's another princess I absolutely adore. She just stole the show while I was trying to get Daisy to say, "No".

No comments: