Shutterfly.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Deep Thoughts

Do you remember those from SNL?

“Laurie got offended that I used the word "puke." But to me, that's what her dinner tasted like.”

That one has been on my mind a lot lately. It cracks me up all the time. El would never tell me that, however, I'm sure he often thinks it. He's lucky I haven't forced him onto the vegetarian diet!

Anyway ...

El gets offended when I call the baby "Daisy," but to me, that's who she is becoming.
He hates it & feels he needs to remind me that her name is, her first name. This from the guy who grew up and to this day is still called by his middle name by everyone but me.

I'm just trying to prepare her for school. Do you know how many times Isabella, Isabel, and Bella appear on the top 100 name list over the past few years? Isabella, has been in the top 10 since '04. Let's not forget the times it appears because people have to be "cool", and re-write traditional names. There's no way she'll be the only in her class, so let's call her something different rather than her nickname, which more than likely the other girls will also have, and so we'll avoid all confusion.

But that's just what I tell El aka Billy.

Here's 5 reasons why it's the PERFECT name for her

1. She was an oopsie daisy baby.
2. When we moved up here, one of the first songs Kaity learned was Daisy Belle and the girls sang it all the time. It was kinda like our theme song.
3. When we asked Maddy what we should name her, she said, "Flower."
4. When we came home from the hospital, I noticed that ALL the clothes we had just bought, had daisies on them.
5. And come on, how cute is the name "Daisy Row(e)"?

FYI, In the past 100 years, Daisy has never been in the top 100. It was closest to being there in 1910 when it was ranked 101.

No comments: