Shutterfly.com

Friday, February 25, 2011

Conversations with Maddy

Boy has she just been talking up a storm lately and it's cracking me up! She's been talking for so long, but it seems that overnight not too long ago her skills have dramatically improved.

Maddy and I have been having lots of fun ... that is, in between the awesome tantrums. We do lots of dancing, (Glen Beck is now streaming from his website, but still needs to leave space for ads. Space that conveniently for Maddy and I, he fills with lots of terrible instrumental music that is just too fun to not dance to.) lots of hide and seek, coloring, we tell jokes, and we have lots of conversations.

Here are some recent ones...

Tonight...
Maddy, "Me reads dis book"
Me, "That's 'Owly'"
Confused Maddy corrects me, "No OW-wwwuuuLlll."
Me,"Yeah, Owly the owl."
She laughs, "Yes...that's funny name."

~~~

Yesterday afternoon...
Maddy, "Kaity's homework."
I turn around, see a crayon in her hand and demand, "No, don't color Kaity's homework."
She has a smirk on her face, "Me color, just in case."
I was too late.

~~~

Wednesday...
Maddy, "Me dont like dis kind chips. Too spicy."
Me, "OK, I'll put them away."
Maddy, "No, me still eat them."

~~~

After seeing a commercial advertising a week of New Yo Gabba Gabbas. She gasps, "New one!? Mommy, cord dis?" And with her fingers continues, "two, fee dem?" Then saw a commercial for the Fresh Beats and asks, "Axsly, cord dis?"

~~~

My favorite is when she says nevermind or actually. I have to get it on tape it's too cute. I love her!!

March 29, 2011
Maddy came out of her room after being tucked in to let us know she peed and saw that El had something desirable.
"What you eadin, Daddy? Ice cream?"
"yea"
"Oh." She slowly in disappointment closed the door. I think she was expecting him to offer her some. It was so sad.
5 seconds later, the door swings wide open, "me can't sweep."

No comments: