Shutterfly.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

Meet the Grammar Police

"Kaity, would you hand me the diaper cream?"

She couldn't find it...laying right there in front of her and I was having as much trouble trying to describe it. The word I was looking for was container.

"It's right there. The tube, no it's not a tube, the box, bowl ... the THING right there in front of you, by your feet."

Apani pipes in, "Mommy, that's a cylinder!"

She's always correcting me...

"It's not a dress, it's a skirt.
This is not a dress, it's a jumper.
It is not a brush, it's a comb.
That's a hairCLIP!
That's not Maddy, it's Isabella!
I'm not Kaity!"


...And you get the point.

It really aggravates me, I'm thinking to myself "You're only 4, well 5 now, stop correcting me!!" But sometimes, like this morning, it's pretty funny.

"Yes, Abby, you're right. It is a cylinder. Good job!"

No comments: