Shutterfly.com

Saturday, January 29, 2011

I lost :(

10 lbs :) !! Now I just want to lose 30 more, but I'd be happy with 20.

Knocking me down from my high was a little brat on the girls' bus. Someone told Apani that I was the fattest mom in the universe. Nice, huh? Kids are mean! I don't know why it bothers me so much. I told her his mom is probably really, REALLY fat so he was just jealous. Then I told her to tell him that I'm "so fat" because I eat children so he better be careful!

I really love this diet, I wasn't even trying to lose weight, just change my eating habbits.

Here's a recipe for ya... One of my favorites. Seriously, fireworks went off as I ate it. It wasn't supposed to be a wrap, but it'll add great texture.

INGREDIENTS:

2 cans no-salt added black beans
1 avocado
3/4 green bell pepper
3 scallions, chopped
1/3 cup fresh cilantro (I used a whole bunch, because I love cilantro)
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup mild low-sodium salsa (he has a salsa recipe that is by far the best I've ever made)
8 large romaine lettuce leaves

DIRECTIONS:

Drain and rinse beans. Mash beans and avacado in a bowl, then mix all ingredients except lettuce. Use lettuce as tortillas and place about 1/4 cup of the bean mix in to the center of each lettuce leaf.

And there you have it. Soo good. I recommend the book, just as a recipe book if nothing else, most of what I've tried has been awesome. You want Book II.

2 comments:

KRISTIN said...

good job lady! loosing that weight cans be awesome and sometimes really mysterious, like when you try really hard it just seems impossible. but then when you eat whole, healthy foods, your body gets really happy and rewards you!
i just ate a slice of cake at little cupcake.(happy/sad face)

vdg family said...

Good job! Kids can be so mean. I am happy that you have a great plan.