Shutterfly.com

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Urologist Visit

Yea I got lost in Staten Island. Even with good directions, I get lost, but with bad directions, oh forget it! Its a good thing I left 2 hours early cuz I was walking around for about 35 minutes!

I swore I would never use an online navigation site. About a year ago, I was trying to find a new car seat. So we mapquested the only Walmart in the area (Jersey) that had it in stock. We were told to make a left and it would be .2 miles away. Well we drove and drove and finally turned around. as we approached the intersection where we had made the left, we could see the Walmart. Had we made a right, we would have seen that it was right there

I thought Hopstop might be different so I printed the directions up. I was looking all over for this street and couldnt find it. They had me going in a round a bout way. Had I stayed on the bus a few more stops, I would have had to make just one turn and been there. At least I found it and now know how to get there for the next visits.

Maddy was so good. She made lots of friends on the bus. She didnt like the doctor too much, but I did. His office reminded me of my pediatrician. He was so good with her and gave her a few toys. Eventually, she warmed up to him, the toys were very helpful! In his office...he had a fishtank! Maddy loved it. Funny how she knows the difference between the office, where it's "safe" and the exam room. He thinks we should go ahead with the VCUG. He is also probably gonna put her on antibiotics for about 3 months. Im not thrilled about that. I asked about probiotics, but he normally doesn't prescribe them. So lots of yogurt in her future! I'm gonna see how necessary that is though, of course it all depends on the results of this xray. If this comes back fine, I don't see the need. It sounds very invasive. They will have to sedate her. SCARY! I just cant wait till all the tests are over.

1 comment:

family said...

You poor thing! I hate getting lost! Im glad they are testing Maddy but no fun! I hope this helps and then it will all have been worth it! Keep us posted! Love ya girl!