Shutterfly.com

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thanks, but NO thanks

Strangers have an overwhelming urge to offer unwanted advice.
I sometimes believe that people think I'm young and stupid. How could anyone have three kids at my age.
I'm older than I look. Should they see something they don't agree with, they feel the need to correct me.

Someone yelled at me today. "Wait up!" He was very angry because Kaity and Abby were behind me. If I don't keep moving, the kids don't move. I often look back, but I can hear them, their shoes, and their voices. Apani does not shut up...EVER. If she's not talking or singing, she's humming. Besides, they were probably three houses down at most...so they were close by.

Then I was told that they shouldn't be picking up sticks. Have you never heard of a nature walk? As long as their not running or waving them in the air, they can pick up sticks.

People also feel compelled to tell me about their family. Which on most days, is fun. But in near 90 degree, humid weather, and a crying baby, I'm REALLY not interested. The only thing I want stopping us, is a traffic light.

I think my favorite thing to hear is the sympathetic, "Oh, no boys? The next one will be a boy." I'm glad Maddy wasn't a boy, otherwise I'd keep trying for another boy. Three is hard enough. Could you imagine the feedback I would get if I was walking around with FOUR young kids????

2 comments:

GR82BAMOM said...

Oh, the unsolicited advice! As if I didn't felt/feel inadequate enough! I can totally relate. And it always seems to come up when the child is crying and/or having a tantrum. I just try to smile and say that I trying my best.

vdg family said...

Bless their hearts--right?!? Amen to the frustrations sometimes sister.