Shutterfly.com

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dinner Strike = Dinner Smoothies

The girls are on strike. I feel like these past few weeks I have once again completely given up on cooking. They won't touch what I've been eating so I quickly boil some pasta, heat up some TJs chicken and fries or frozen pizza, or cheerios. It had to stop. So Sunday I went to an old favorite Avocado Smoothies. The next day, I made it again, but I added 2 TBSP ground flax, 1 Cup Spinach, and 2 dates. They love them!

Tonight we tried a new smoothie, Sweet Potato. I really wanted to add some greens but I already altered the recipe quite a bit so I opted not to. I don't always make the best choices when I mess with a recipe. This time I lucked out...these were goooooooood! EVERYONE, liked them.

Sweet Potato Smoothie

2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, and cooled
1/2 cup (120 ml) almond milk
1 banana
1 apple, quartered
2 cups frozen strawberries
6 ounce strawberry yogurt
2 Medjool dates or 1 TBSP honey/agave/maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 TBSP ground flax

Blend it all up in that order in your Vitamix (my favorite kitchen gadget).

They are back on track to eating better! Now, what smoothie will we have tomorrow???

No comments: