Shutterfly.com

Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's slowly coming to an end ...

I don't know why, but I receive a bunch of parenting magazines. American Baby came today so I flipped through the pages. Something on the last page, written for the dads, made me laugh, so I thought I'd share it.

"WEEK 39: It doesn't matter how big your baby is now. Just take a look at your poor wife! Can't you tell how uncomfortable the woman is? And just how close to the edge of insanity she must feel? Can't you practically see that bowling-ball-size baby pushing around in there, pressing on internal organs that are so displaced your wife insists she can feel her appendix approximately somewhere hear her shoulder? Just give her a tub of ice cream and a nice, big bag of pretzels, and slooowly back away."

I probably found it so funny because that's exactly how I feel.

I don't think my stomach could stretch any farther, but boy this thing keeps growing! It's a constant battle to find a comfortable position. Contractions are throughout the day for the past 2 weeks, every time I feel one, I get my hopes up and prepare myself to watch the clock praying it's time, but they subside as quickly as they appear. I'm terrified of having four children, but I'm so over pregnancy!

And the Freshtown circular came today, Ben and Jerry's is on sale 5 for $10. I'm already planning on 10 pints of Cherry Garcia at 7 in the morning when they open.

3 comments:

Emily said...

LOL. Thanks for sharing that quote. You're coming down the home stretch! Wait for iiiiiiiiiiiiit...

Disco Mom said...

Um, hello, what a deal! You have made it. Do you know what it is? I am out of the loop but it's never too late to join the party, right?

Kelly said...

Another girl! Can you believe it? Today was my due date.

I'm still playing the name game. El is absolutely no help other than shooting down every name I suggest. I think I'm just gonna sign the certificate without him there. I'm pretty sure my favorites are Maizie, Clover, or Peyton, I can't do another top 10 name. I would love an M name just so I can call Maddy and her my little M&Ms but I'm not too fond of many M names.