Shutterfly.com

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Potty Training

Maddy has been ready since January. I have not. She was doing so well. Peeing all the time. But I was lazy. I didn't want to deal with it just yet. It's hard to bend over, my tummy is huge. I'm exhausted and oh-so-tired all the time. Though I told myself if she would poop on the potty I would become strict and actively pursue potty training.

Well, a few days ago, Maddy pooped on the potty!! Yay Maddy!!! It was time to pull out the panties, move the potty to the living room and pretty much stay home bound for a few days. I was all ready. I had my bribing candy (lollipops and jelly beans, both of which she says very well.) However, since then, she wants nothing to do with the potty. She won't even pee anymore. Ugh!

I was starting to give up when in Nursery today, I saw some struggling. I asked if she wanted to go to the potty. Of course she said no. I was not going to give up, tho. This child is ready to be trained and I had gummy bears! So after informing her of this special and new-to-her treat, she walked to the restroom. She picked her stall and after a little hesitation, success! As she ate her bears, she peed in her diaper. Bummer. But maybe this week will be more successful.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

We are potty training Garrett and all I have to say is

UGH.

I can't decide who hates it more: me or him.

Good luck with Maddy! I hope this week goes better for you.