Shutterfly.com

Friday, May 14, 2010

Dinner, is it really that time already??

Of all the housework that needs to be done, there's only one thing we can count on happening pretty much daily...dinner.

I hate cooking. No, I don't hate cooking. The hardest part is figuring out what to make...the rest is easy. Lately, I've been feeling so full at the end of the day and I shouldn't. We eat early! The problem is, my meals are too heavy. I like cream cheese. Really, I feel like my cooking repertoire is too limited:

You can count on:
steamed broccoli or green beans
corn or peas

Then:
potatoes, pasta, egg noodles, or rice

And of course:
Meat of some sort, usually seasoned similarly. ... I don't do fish.

I just didn't have the energy to think this week. Tell me what to cook and I'll make it. But El never gives me any ideas. The kids, just want cereal. I could totally do that, especially in warm weather. Thus, my ambition to cook is more than lacking. El, on the other hand needs his meat.

So, rather ambitiously, before I wrote my usual grocery list, I pulled out a cookbook. It was a Christmas gift from my mother a few years back, but had become a fixture and was only collecting dust. It's time to put it to good use. I picked out 5 recipes for meat and 5 for veggies.

My menu this week is

Garlic Lime Chicken
Beet and Orange Salad


Roast Pork with Raspberry Sauce
Sweet Potato Casserole

Chicken Supreme
Old Fashioned Baked Beans

Meatballs in Cream Sauce with Linguini and Sauteed Asparagus ( I know, pasta)

Spinach Stuffed Beef Tenderloin w/carrot mashed potatoes (Yup and more potatoes, but hey, I'm trying really hard!)
Lemony Acorn Squash

So check my food blog more often, especially if you want one of these recipes. With the new recipes, I'll have to share the successes and failures!

No comments: