Shutterfly.com

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

Or should I say Disturbing...

At what point do I start to worry? There are no problems at school, but at home, it's another story.

These are a handful of quotes from Apani, in just the past few days.

"I don't want to live with my family anymore."
"I hope that I'll be happy when I grow up."
"You don't care about me!"
"Let's talk about all the things you don't like about me."
"I want to cut you up and make you bleed."
"I hate everybody."
"I know you want to cut me up so I can die because you don't care about me and don't love me."

A conversation.
"I wish I could have some candy too"
"I bet you do, but you've been yelling and calling Kaitlyn names the entire ride home."
"I also called my family idiots!!"

Where in the world does a 4-year-old come up with this stuff?

The hateful things come up when she's punished...so I imagine she says it because she's upset. She has to punish me, I guess. However, do these things have to be so disturbing?

~~~

On a good note ...
Maddy is talking up a storm. She's like a little sponge and every day she is picking up more. So I started a list of all the things she can say and it's quite extensive...I think, anyway. How many words can a 20 month old say?

It's made things a lot easier when she wants something, however, when I don't understand her, it makes her tantrums much worse.

Here's a list, mainly for my amusement, when I can't remember these days.

apple
Abby
again
boo
book
bug
bumble Bee
ba-ba
baby
Bart
bed
*bean (as in jelly bean)
Bert
banana
backpack
blue
boo boo
bath
blankie
bubble
bye
broccoli
broom
boom
butt
caillou
celery
clean up
chapstick
cheese
cow
cup
*chips
*candy
*chocolate
*cookie
*cracker
cold
cuddle
cereal
down
daddy
duck
eat
ewww
eyes
flower
Freshtown
french fries
grandma
grandpa
gabba gabba
hat
hot
help
hi
home
here ya go
here it is
hello
hide
hug
ice
*ice cream
juice
jump
jammies
Kaity
kitty
kiss
moo
meow
mine
mommy (I'm no longer mama)
milk
move
me
more
no
naptime
nose
night night
ouch
outside
phone
pretty
pee pee
purple
pop
pen
pillow
poop
punch
pop tart
puppy
pants
quack
remote
sheep
shop
simpsons
spoon
stinky
spongebob (I have no idea how she knows who he is. They aren't allowed to watch it...at least not with me.)
tv
truck
two
teeth
up
uh oh
unicorn
vacuum
woof woof
weee
wet
woah
water
yay
yucky
yummy
yup
you

*she's got all the important stuff down pat

1 comment:

Emily said...

Is that Bart as in Bart Simpson? :) I have no words of wisdom about Abby. I do know that my cousin once told my aunt, "I know! Let's blow up daddy!" I guess so he could have her all to himself. I'll have to ask her if he ever said stuff like Abby said. He's totally normal now. But if you're really concerned, maybe you could talk to like a school counselor ???