Shutterfly.com

Monday, November 23, 2009

Church

What a gorgeous drive! We don't hit a single stop light! We pass tons of cows (I'm starting to wonder if the town population is outnumbered by farm animals) and even at the end of Autumn, still beautiful scenery. When we hit CT, there are creeks everywhere, I can't wait to see what Spring and next Fall bring. I'll have to remember my camera this Sunday.

Church was pleasantly surprising. We were warmly welcomed.

Maddy enters a room and attracts attention. She walked down the aisle looking down every row, checking out each and every face. It was as if she was trying to recognize anyone. She is just so darn adorable, they couldn't keep their eyes off of her. And so meeting people was easy. After sacrament meeting, so many people came up to me...to ask about Madelyn!! Ha! Then they wanted to know about me. She made more friends than I! In Relief Society, I really believe she was looking for Elizabeth and London.

The girls did not want to go to the new church, but Kaity made a friend instantly and Apani's teacher bought doughnuts, (though she told me she normally bakes!)!
And if that wasn't awesome enough, after church, the children were lined up at the Bishop's office. Any guesses?? Why, only for the weekly candy line, of course!!

The only problem with this ward is that we are not zoned for it. It's only 30 minutes from us as opposed to the nearly hour long drive to our zoned ward. The Bishop needs to get permission from the stake to allow us to be members of this ward. One of the women came up to me and said, "We really hope you can stay with us because she [Maddy] has stolen our hearts!"

There weren't very many people my age, but I like the ward and the kids will have a lot of friends here. We're praying to stay here, but I know whatever happens, it will be for the best.

2 comments:

cherry said...

That's the spirit!! Miss you Kelly!

adam & emily said...

Oh I'm so glad you like it there! We'll cross our fingers they let you stay. No stoplights. Haha. Elizabeth was so lost and lonely during Sunday School with no one else's toys to plunder. Miss you guys!