Shutterfly.com

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Coupons ... of all sorts

El's job has been more than frugal with hours lately. It's the off season so to accommodate all the employees, shifts are scarce. So I'm learning to become frugal myself. I'm quite the coupon clipper! With school and Fall approaching, the girls are in need of too much. Not so much Abby because she gets Kaity's clothes (though despite my reminding him of this, El always buys her new clothes anyway), but shoes she'll need.

Here's a code for $10 off your $10 purchase from JC Penney.
JC Penney Just bought their shoes!

For groceries and toiletries, my favorite site is the extensive A Full Cup This site has nearly every coupon out there. This site is awesome, it combines all the coupons sites AND it's searchable. Unfortunately, not all of them are printable, but if it isn't it tells you where they were found. Before the weekly shopping, I always check here. If I can't find a coupon there, I check the manufacturers' websites.

I've also learned that CVS is awesome. Though, I don't shop there. I wish I could, but it's too far of a walk with three kids, but definitely manageable with a friend (hint, hint). And there's a park across the street, so I don't know why I don't go there. Maybe this week we'll give it a try. Check out I heart CVS. It's a tutorial on how to save BIG at CVS.

For picture printing...go Walgreens, check out the sales this week. Last week, I got 40 prints for $3.

I'm always looking for more, so please share if you have!

2 comments:

GR82BAMOM said...

This is great, Kelly. Thanks for sharing1 If I come across anything, I will either e-mail or add a link on my blog.

I know of a family that is heavily into "couponing" and they only spend, on average, less than $20 for something like $200 worth of groceries (good also for their food storage pantry). Others, including me, have practically begged her to give up her secrets or to, at the very least, do a blog on how to get started, but she is completely silent about it. What is it?? A really mean secret society?? Are they all sworn to secrecy?? Or are they just really busy people? I really want to know they do it!!

Lindsay said...

I'm not too into couponing, especially since a lot of stores I shop regularly at don't accept internet coupons. I have a lot of friends who do coupon, and yeah, they don't spend a lot of money, but they end up with hoards of things they don't necessarily need, that just take up space, which they bought simply because it was a great deal. I do clip coupons occasionally, though, from those weekly Kohl's bags, which I try to use when the items are also on sale.

Actually, those Kohl's bags are my best bet to getting deals around the neighborhood. I plan my meals around items that are on sale, and I stock up on those items, too. If I can find a coupon to accompany it, great, but if not, it's still a better deal than paying full price. (I hate paying full price.) Other than that, my best tactic is to not buy things we don't need. Sounds trite, I know, but sometimes the temptation is really strong -- especially when there's a good deal -- to buy stuff we really could live without.

As for clothes shopping, the best deals are found, as I'm sure you know, in the off-season, when everything goes on clearance. It takes more guesswork trying to figure out what sizes your kids will be in a year from then, and I'm not as good at this yet as I wish I was, but I always get the best deal when I do manage to successfully think ahead like that.