Shutterfly.com

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

update on my Maddy Moo

It's NOT over! After three sleepless nights, I took her in because she's had another high fever, I've had about 6 hours of sleep since Sat. This poor girl has nearly finished a bottle of Motrin in just a few days. Anyway, the Pedi called the hospital lab, turns out she had a Urinary Tract Infection!! Can you believe that?! June 3, and I'm finding out now! Apparently, they do an initial test, then a 48 hour one. So we had to do another catheter yesterday. Maddy has been such a trooper. The initial test seemed ok. Which would mean it cleared on it's own...so not the cause of her fevers. She may have an ear infection, it was red, but not bulging. We started an antibiotic, we'll see what that does.

Her fevers mysteriously stopped before the doctor's visit , just as they had a week and a half ago. I wonder if they'll be back in a few days. 5:30 am yesterday she was given some Motrin and they have yet to return. She seems to be in good spirits except for this new attitude that she has developed. She can get quite angry.

Because she had a UTI, the doctor wants to check her kidneys. We took her today for a sonogram, which Maddy hated, but thankfully, the tech was fast. Now I have to find a Urologist and hope that the insurance doesn't give us any drama. If I understand the dr correctly, a UTI in infants could be a sign of urinary reflux. I don't know how serious that is, hopefully tests will come back fine. On Friday, I need to call to get these results and that of the urine culture and the plate(?) count.

I'm upset that I've now told 4 doctors that she cries when she has a bowel movement and noone seems concerned. I tried the prune juice, now what? We'll take these tests and then if she's still getting fevers or crying when she poos, I'll just show up with a bag and a turd, if they're lucky, I won't set it on fire!

The three of them have been sick for about a month now and are so exhausted. We got home around 3, the whining and fighting became out of control. So I sent them to their room til they could get along. I started feeding Maddy so she could take a nap. She was out in 10 minutes. I went to check on the kids, they were asleep too! I couldn't believe it! This was the first time the three of them napped and the first time both Kaity and Abby took a nap in months. I probably should have napped with them but I was just so thrilled to have the house quiet, I wanted to enjoy it. I had a peaceful lunch, relaxed, and I played around with my new camera. (I have to learn how to use it before Kaitlyn's graduation on Friday.)

Thanks everyone for checking in and offering your support. We love you!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh Kelly! I'm so sorry! What a mess this all is. I just hope your girls recover SOON. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Emily said...

Hey did you get my call? Please let me know what I can do to help. You need some sleep!! Hope the test results come back good.

family said...

Man, you poor thing! I pray this ends soon and she is fine! What a nightmare! I hope you can get some sleep and some more blessings of them all going down at once! You really need a break to stay sane! I wish I was there to help. You are in my prayers and I love you tons!

vdg family said...

I hope you all get feeling 100% right away. We miss you when you are not around and at playgroup. I look for you every morning! You are in our prayers.