Shutterfly.com

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

sick again

Maddy has a lot of fevers so we saw the Doctor Saturday for that and a few other things. She didn't have a fever then, but Monday night she was burning. Since we were just with the pedi, and she didn't have any other symptoms, I didn't stress. But we're going back in a few hours. Last night seemed to be going well til about 4:30 when she started vomiting til nothing was left and she began dry heaving. Her fever has reached 102. She's not too interested in nursing or much of anything really. All she wants to do is lay on my shoulder and listen to Coeur de Pirate. So thank you, BĂ©atrice Martin for calming my sick baby!! And thank you Lindsay for posting this and introducing me to her because the music always helps to soothe Maddy.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm sorry you guys are sick again! We're sick at our house, too. Not fun. I'm glad, though, that Coeur de Pirate was a winner! :)

RJ said...

KELLY! This is so sad! Sick babies are the hardest thing ever. I'm sending my prayers and well wishes. Kiss her for me and hug yourself for me too. :)

kelly said...

well, after 5 hours in the ER, we are home. The dr sent us there because she was sweating, vomiting, not eating/drinking, and oh, because her fever was 105.7! She is perfectly fine though...it's just a fever. Odd, if you ask me. I'm just so thrilled all the work came back ok. Supposedly a fever is going around lasting @ 7 days. I hope I don't have 5 more days of this! My arms and back are killing me. There's nothing like the arms of your mother when your sick and Maddy will not settle for less!

GR82BAMOM said...

Liam had the stomach flu about a month ago: vomitting, then fever, then no eating or drinking, just sleeping, etc. It's sad, but scary, too, I know. One day, he didn't even want to nurse, so I had to force him to drink water every ten minutes. The next day all he wanted to do was nurse, all day long, but I still forced him to drink water. He was all better and walking around (and getting into trouble) by day 4. Though Liam didn't take it, try the ice pops or frozen breast milk pops. You're in my prayers!