Shutterfly.com

Monday, July 11, 2011

My favorite Pasta Salad

I made this today because I've been craving it for awhile but I made a few substitutions and what a HUGE mistake!!

I tried fresh red pepper instead of roasted because it needs a good crunch...still haven't figured out what else to use, but yea, I shouldn't have. I'm so disappointed! Now I'm going to have to make it again tomorrow. The girls like it, so I don't mind.

1 box of Tri Color Pasta
8oz jar of artichoke hearts
1 can black olives
1 jar of roasted red peppers
small bulb of fennel/anise, coarsley chopped
1 bunch scallions, chopped
2-3 oz feta

Dressing
1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup salad oil
2 T honey
3/4 t dried basil
1/2 t dried dill
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t salt

cook pasta, chop/slice everything, and mix together.

2 comments:

Emily said...

have you tried red onion or something like that for crunch? this looks amazing. If you find that perfect ingredient, please post!

Kelly said...

actually, the original recipe calls for red onion, which I love, but I don't like tasting all day. Scallions taste just as good and are milder...I've been using them a lot lately. I'm going to post another recipe for wraps that I've been eating daily. If this sounds good, you would LOVE these and they are super easy oh and a chicken marinade that is pretty awesome too.