Shutterfly.com

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Kaitlyn turned 6!



It's been a crazy week. I baked cookies, cake, and cupcakes!

Wednesday was Kaitlyn's birthday. I can't believe she is 6 years old! I made her my favorite childhood butter cookies to take to class, just like my mom always did. She came home to a cake with the most delicious chocolate sour cream frosting. Seriously, amazing!

Today was her party. It was my first party. I think it was quite successful, I think I'll pat myself on the back now. I wasn't expecting the parents to drop off their kids, but that's what happened, and thankfully, it was crowded!





I bought a bunch of wooden beads and let the girls make necklaces. They had a blast! And what a great group of kids. I was amazed how well everyone got along! Their teacher lucked out!



Then we had a marshmallow contest. The goal was to see who could build the tallest tower without it falling over. Only two girls were successful. Kaity decided she was just going to make a marshmallow yard.








Kaitlyn had a blast. I was so proud of her. Her manners were perfect, she was grateful and happy. She handled the introductions like a pro! I never could have done it the way she did. There was confidence in her that I never (to this day) had. She shines when she smiles and that's what she did all day! But she does that every day ... At P/T conference, her teacher told me what a joy Kaitlyn is to have and that she always lights up the room! A few days later, the principal called and told me how much she loves Kaitlyn, she says she lights up the room! Happy Birthday, Sunshine!!

No comments: