Shutterfly.com

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A rough few days

Monday was full of tantrums from Maddy and Apani. Apani has been trying my patience and putting me through hell. We were doing well for awhile but suddenly the tantrums are just horrible again.

Maddy has been super attached lately (I wonder if it's because I'm trying to ween her?).

So, of course, to make my life more stressful, or I mean eventful, messes are worse than ever and more often. At least it seems that way. Maybe it's because I just can't clean them right away or maybe there really are more messes, who knows.

After sweeping up dirt from a fallen house plant, sweeping up fish, then pretzels, wiping spilled milk, I gave Kaity a bowl of rice. Immediately, it spills on the leather couch. Maddy was on the floor playing and for once in the day, not glued to my hip. SO I thought, great, let's clean this up. I run to the kitchen, grab towels and the leather cleaner. I was two steps away from the living room, having been gone no longer than 2 minutes when I hear Maddy burst out in screams. When I pick her up (she was between the wall and a table) she had a bump on her eyebrow, a scratch down her face, a bump under her nose, and a busted bruised lip! I have no idea how she managed but the poor thing looked so sad. And I have no idea how she managed to not hurt her eye which was literally surrounded by scratches.

The day before she fell hard too, no bruises from that one thankfully.

Dinner, tonight was a total failure.

And all I keep thinking about is the move. AHHHHHHHHHH, I'm not ready!!!!


And by the way, now you know why they still drink juice and milk from sippy cups. You may call me lazy, I prefer to think of myself as smart.

3 comments:

KRISTIN said...

I'm totally the same with sippy cups. I really don't want to be cleaning up more that I already have to. I love juice boxes and sport top water bottles. Easy as pie. Oh, and those Lyson disinfecting wipes...they are my key to sanity!

vdg family said...

If it is any consolation . . . AHHHH I'm not ready for you to move. :D We want you to stay.

family said...

Oh you poor thing!!!! I promise this too shall pass and it will get easier! Im sure the move is stressing you out and that is not helping to deal with the little ones! You are in my prayers... it will get better! I love you Kelly! SO MUCH! Oh and I think you are smart with sippy cups! Why not find ways to simplify! SMART LADY! :)