Shutterfly.com

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Recovery

There is no recovery with 4 little girls. It's more like trying to survive til bed time.

The first night home, I got home just in time to say good night. I guess Maddy really missed me because an hour later she was awake. I tucked her in and an hour later she woke again, this time leaving "gifts" for me on her carpet. She peed. Two hours later, Kaity woke up coughing and needed her asthma medicine. Unbelievable, really.

I finally got to sleep after that. But Fri and Sat (and probably tonight) I've had to help Kaity with her medicine.

I'm in bed nearly the entire day. I'm in so much pain, but the medicine just makes my head spin. I don't know what's worse, the pain, or the dizziness and nausea.

Apani woke up with a fever this morning. My luck, when it comes to health, just stinks! As the day has gone on though, I was feeling myself feeling better. I even made pasta salad. Then Daisy head planted into my gut and I'm feeling like I over did it. But I imagine tomorrow will be even better. I really just want a day or night to myself so I can rest up.

I'm glad I waited, there's no way I could have done this while nursing Daisy. I thought this was a minor surgery and recovery would be much quicker. Even more importantly, I'm so glad I was able to get it done before Thanksgiving and I can eat without fear!! Hide the scales!

2 comments:

RJ said...

Oh Kelly, this is heartbreaking! My sister had her g-bladder out a few months ago and all she did was lay around for days! Oh to be near you I'd make you lay around too!!!

vdg family said...

Kelly: I am so sorry. I hope you are feeling better!