Shutterfly.com

Friday, July 23, 2010

What do you do with leftover grilled chicken?

Make some awesome Chicken Mei Fun!!

We finally got a grill! Summer dinners don't seem so bad again. Yay!

However, the girls would not touch the chicken because it had black stuff on it. So for 2 days it just sat in my fridge. That is until yesterday morning when I pulled out a box of cereal for breakfast and saw my bag of rice noodles. I checked what else I had around. The only thing I was missing was an onion. No worries, we've got chives growing in our herb garden!

It was a hit. Everyone liked it. I was very proud! It's always a defining moment when all the kids like what I made for dinner. It was soo easy too and ready in minutes.

Kelly's Chicken Mei Fun

1lb grilled chicken (Trader Joe's has delish grilled chicken for @ $5)
3 TBSP House of Tsang Classic Stir Fry sauce
1 TBSP oil
1 green pepper
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup snap peas
3/4 - 1 cup chicken broth
1 package Mei fun/rice vermicelli noodles
1 TBSP chives
salt and soy sauce to taste

Saute chicken, peppers, carrots, and peas in oil and sauce. Add broth. Meanwhile cook noodles. Drain and toss. Add chives, salt, and soy sauce.

I really like the House of Tsang sauce. I used it before with beef. Just added some garlic, ginger, and peppers. We ate it over rice and it was really good too.

No comments: