Shutterfly.com

Friday, October 30, 2009

8 more days

It still hasn't hit me. I've been sad about leaving for awhile, I don't think I'm fully going to get it until we start loading up the truck and pull away. That being said, today was hard.

As I was walking past Apani's school, I noticed her class was in the garden playing, so I stopped to watch for a few minutes, once she noticed me, I waved and waited by the door for dismissal. I know Apani loves school but I still worry about her. Often times, I worry that she is off by herself, playing on her own because she does tend to isolate herself. She is not the outgoing, social butterfly Kaitlyn is. Concerns were eased as I saw her playing with her "best friends" Malak and Charmal, PHEW! But anyway, her teachers saw me so they came over to chat and confirm her last day; they want to throw a small party for her! As we spoke about the details, I started tearing up!

I hate Brooklyn, leaving Brooklyn is not what upsets me. I guess it's more like ending a LOOOOONG chapter in my life...28 years. I'm leaving my comfort zone...AND my friends. I love my friends! I'm going to miss you so much! I'm going to have the hardest time making new ones who'll never be as awesome as you guys!

I'll miss
takeout,
the three grocery stores just a walk away,
Century 21,
Trader Joes ...

How is this city girl going to adjust to suburbia??

then I remember
walks without cigarettes
no stray cats
no more late night drunken parties in my neighbor's backyard
better schools for the girls
I'm starting nursing school...life is going to get better for my little family.

Goal number 1: obtain license!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh man, Kelly -- we're going to miss you!! It sounds like it'll be a good change for you, but still. Come back and visit?

KRISTIN said...

Mike and I were talking yesterday about how much we are going to miss you and your family. (I'm sure Pierson will too.) I don't know if I would have survived Brooklyn without your friendship. It's crazy what moving to a new and completely foreign place can do to you...make the best of it and life will be awesome!