Shutterfly.com

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas, country style

When I think of Christmas as a child, I think of two traditions. The Dyker Heights lights and Eggbert.

While we may not get to see the lights in Dyker Heights, we do get this!



This is one of the families homes from the girls' school. I think we can settle with this.

Tomorrow, we're going to Devitts. Nearly every Thanksgiving we came upstate to my Aunt's house for the weekend and would go see Eggbert at Devitt's. Then we would shop at the nursery and my brother and I would get to pick out a new Christmas ornament. Several years ago, the owner of Devitts died and the nursery closed, so I haven't been able to bring the girls. The whole community was devestated. Everyone went to Devitts after Thanksgiving, it's a tradition. Well, I just found out that some old employees bought the store and it's open again! Yay! And the best part...Eggbert is back. Who's Eggbert? You'll just have to wait and see....

No comments: