Shutterfly.com

Friday, November 26, 2010

What they've been up to

Kaity and Abby had their Student-Teacher Conferences. They went well!

Kaitlyn was said to be such a sweetheart. I knew that already! She is friends with everyone and has an infectious laugh. She struggles when reading aloud but was the only one in her class to score 100% on the reading assessment exam!!! The teacher said she took her time, all her classmates (6) finished before her. I'm so proud, she didn't rush through it and what an accomplishment!

Abby is the youngest and one of the brightest in her class of 19! The teacher even thought I wrote down the wrong year for her birth date! Her overall assessment went well, she was able to recognize more words than the teacher thought. She is shy but social, she is coming out of her shell and joking around. Aside from the lisp, the teacher has no concerns!

Maddy is potty trained!! It's been a loooooooooong, stressful journey but we've finally made it! She was doing an amazing job so we went out the other day and bought her, her own panties. Now she has panties that actually fit. She was waking up in the middle of the night screaming that she had to "pee bad" so I had El bring up the toddler bed from the basement and she has now slept in it for 2 nights and stayed dry in her panties! She's not a baby anymore. I keep the potty in her room close to her nightlight so she can get up when she needs to. I've been dreading the toddler bed. I knew that once we began this chapter, naps would end and bedtime would become a challenge. So far, I've been right. This is the third napless day and NOTHING is getting done around the house. At bedtime, she gets up 20 or so times. It's been horrible...for me. I hate potty training!

I'm so proud of my girls! It makes all the stress worth it! I just need someone to remind me of that in the midst of the 4 of them simultaneously screaming, yelling, or whining.

No comments: