Shutterfly.com

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Forced to shop online

One of the things I miss about Brooklyn/NYC is availability. ... of anything. You can find everything. I miss all the little boutiques and specialty shops.

Daisy is a sucker. She NEEDS to suck. The pacifier is her best friend. At her tender age of, (gasp, 2 months!!) she can easily toss it half way across the room with little to no effort. So I began looking for a pacifier clip. Shouldn't be so hard, right? Normally you can even find them at your grocer. Grocer, pharmacy, family dollar, didn't have em. So we went out a little farther, meaning 20 miles or so. CVS didn't have them, nor the other grocer's. Unbelievable!

I guess I should mention that I'm not just looking for any clip. I need one for a soothie, but still! It's what you get at the hospital and find at the retailers so why not clips for them?

I had to go online. I bought the soothie clip from babies r us. They sent me a blue one which is so bulky and makes it difficult for her to suck.

I thought about getting the Daisy one from Haba ...



but I knew Maddy would claim it or Kaity and Abby would break it.

So I went to etsy. I found the cutest blankies. Look at this one. Minky Binky Blankies I had a hard time choosing, I want them all, but ultimately bought the Love Birds and it's perfect. She altered it slightly for a soothie. Daisy loves it. And best of all, no more dirty pacifiers!



Look at that face! She's so chunky!!

1 comment:

vdg family said...

What a cutie! I love the pacifier clip you got. It looks so cute and super useful! :D